Today’s eye look has a very specific and goofy name-trout eyes. I have had the Covergirl quad in the color Tropical Fusion for a very long time. These are probably the first bright eye shadow colors I ever purchased. When I got this, I was very new to makeup, but I decided it would be fun to use all of the shades in this quad to create a super colorful look. When I showed the look to my husband the first time, he lovingly called the look trout eyes because the bright colors reminded him of a rainbow trout! When I did this back in the day, it was a little more basic than what I did today since I’ve added in some extra products and colors. This quad/look is definitely nostalgic for me!
Details of the products and process are down below! Thanks for stopping by 🙂
- Milani Eye Shadow Primer all over lid up to brow
- NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk blended from lid up to the crease but not above crease
- Blended Ulta’s Single Eye Shadow in Thrill Seeker in the crease
- Since I used four different colors (on the lid), I just split the eye into quarters essentially. This is a process of building and blending and building and blending until you get the intensity and fluid appearance that you want. I started out just creating vertical strips of color (in a rectangular kind of shape) from the inner to outer corner and a bit beyond and then built and blended from there!
- Used the yellow color from the Loreal Paris HIP Studio Secrets Professional Matte Shadow Duo in Striking (phew!) in the inner corner mixed with a bit of the bright green/yellow from the Covergirl Quad in Tropical Fusion
- Used the remaining colors from the Covergirl Quad in Tropical Fusion from the inner area of the eye to the outer corner-orange then teal then blue
- Mirrored colors from eyelid on to lower lash line (yellow in inner corner, orange under orange, teal under teal, blue under blue)
- More blending of Ulta’s Single Eye Shadow in Thrill Seeker in the crease
- Super thin line of Physician’s Formula *insert long ass name here* Ultra Black eyeliner on upper lash line
- Any black mascara you like
- Wet n Wild Color Icon Eye Shadow Single in Brulee for brow highlight