Hey everyone! Hope you’re all having a fantastic day. I have another requested look for you today, and it comes from Lauren from LuceLuxeLifestyle. She requested a makeup look using black lipstick.
The great thing about black lipstick is that you can get away with pretty much ANY eye look you can think of. Black literally goes with everything so you won’t have a lot of issues with conflicting colors. I’m terrible at matching eye looks to lip colors but with black lips, you’ve got a lot of room to play around.
Obviously black lipstick is a bold choice so I wanted to pair it with an eye look that wasn’t too intense but also not too blah. While an easy go to for any lip color is a plain black wing, I thought plain black eyeliner with plain black lips was a little boring for me so I decided to add in a pop of color on the lower lash line. I think this type of eye look is perfect for black lipstick-simple enough to not compete with the lips but still a little more whimsical than an all black look. Another great thing about this is that you can choose any color you like as your color pop on the lower lash line!
Products and details down below! Hope you enjoy the look 🙂
Foundation: Bare Minerals Matte Foundation in Fairly Light
Under Eyes: Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer in Brightener
Concealer: Sonia Kashuk Liquid Light Concealer in Halo
Bronzer: Bare Minerals Warmth
Blush: Milani Rose d’Oro (post on this product here)
Eye and Lip Products and Details:
- Milani Eye Shadow Primer
- Physican’s Formula Classic Nudes Matte Palette: Lightest brown shade on the eyelid, bottom right darker brown in the crease, cream color for brow bone highlight (post on this product here)
- Physician’s Formula 2 in 1 Lash Boosting Eyeliner in Ultra Black to create winged eyeliner on upper lash line (I did a winged eyeliner tutorial a while back which can be found here and a post on this eyeliner here)
- Sephora Flashy Liner in Flashy Violet on entire length of lower lash line and on underside of winged liner
- Smudged lower lash line with Fishnet from Urban Decay Deluxe Shadow Box
- Tarte Lights Camera Lashes Mascara
- Sonia Kashuk Eye on Neutral Matte Palette for brows
- Essence Long Lasting Eye Pencil in Black as a lip liner
- Wet n Wild Fergie Lipstick in Pagan Angel