Over the years, I’ve become much more particular and discerning about my makeup purchases and collection. I’m always in the mood to de-clutter (not throw away, but pass on to friends or family.) I want to have a collection of products I love, not a collection of way too many products I feel meh about. I want to research the products I’m interested in to make sure they will be good uses of my money as opposed to quick impulse decisions I might regret later.
That’s why I’ve become interested in the panning community. I thought by choosing a selection of things I want to use up due to old age, non-cruelty free status, mini sizes, already having made progress, not being in love with the product, etc. I could clean up my collection, start being more thoughtful about my purchases, and make room for new gems along the way. I’ll go through each product below and explain why it made the list!
- Two Freeman Beauty face masks: These made the list due to old age. While they’re still functional, I think it’s time to finish them up. This should also help me use my face masks more consistently which is a bonus!
- Equate eye makeup remover: Here’s another very old product. I used to dislike the oily residue left behind by makeup removers, but now that I use an oil followed by a cleanser to remove my makeup, that’s not a big deal anymore. Also this isn’t cruelty free. Using this has helped me realize I like removing my eye makeup first so I don’t rub it all over my face when I use my oil!
- Two Eye Shadow Bases (NYX and Jordana): These are pretty old, and I’ve already made decent progress. I would repurchase the NYX but not sure about the Jordana.
- Sonia Kashuk Eye on Neutral Matte Palette: This is a big one! I’ve hit pan on over half of these shades and because it’s such a basic set of staple shades, I thought I would try and use up the whole palette.
- Three lip liners (NYX, Jordana, and Milani): These are very similar colors (and I have another similar one as well!) and I don’t need that kind of redundancy. The Milani liner is an anti-feathering product and because I have two of them, I’d like to use up one.
- Sephora Free Birthday Gifts (Marc Jacobs, Benefit, Makeup Forever): Mini sizes will hopefully be easier to use and none of these are cruelty free.
- Two Lip Crayons (NARS and Jordana): These are neutral colors, and I’ve already used quite a bit of each.
- Maybelline Nude Lipstick: This isn’t cruelty free and it’s pretty old too.
- Two NYX Lipglosses: Again, these are so old…so much so that I probably shouldn’t use them but they still smell and feel normal! May have to get rid of them earlier depending on how they hold up.
- NYX Matte Setting Spray: I’ve used a lot of this already, and it should be easy to finish off.
- elf Lip Balm: This is a potted lip balm which isn’t my favorite although the product itself is nice.
- Three Colourpop Eye Shadows: I’m not sure if this is feasible, but because I’ve hit pan on all of these, they seem to be able to be used up decently quickly. Also not my favorite Colourpop product.
- Two Foundations (Tarte and elf): The Tarte is pretty old, and I have mixed feelings on the elf, plus it’s no longer on the elf site so it might be discontinued.
- Two Concealers (NYX and elf): I don’t like the NYX under my eyes and the elf is too dark although more hydrating than the NYX.
- Wet n Wild Brow Highlight Stick: Nice product but not necessary for me.
- Three Bare Minerals Mineral Powders: I don’t really like the pressed foundation, the loose is too dark for me, and I’ve hit pan on the pressed Mineral Veil.
- Kat Von D Eyeliner: Almost dried up anyways.
- Physician’s Formula Bronzer: Nice bronzer but not attached to it.
- Wet n Wild Contour Palette: Have already hit pan on both sides so I want to finish it up.
- NYX Blush: Now I’m really not sure this is possible, has anyone ever used up a whole blush?? I’ve had this forever, I haven’t hit pan but can see the imprint of it, the lid is broken off, and I’d love to finish it!
- elf Under Eye Setting Powder: I’ve had some mixed results with this, and I’m pretty close to being done with it already.
There we have it! These are all the products I would love to use up by the end of the year. I’m not sure if I’m in over my head, if I’ve picked too much or not enough, but I’m going to try my best. I think I’ll learn a lot from this experience, and I feel good about trying to clean things out. Hope you enjoyed this post and thanks for reading!