Greetings beauty lovers!
My name is Christina, and I appreciate you stopping by the blog!
For a few “about me” details, I’m 29 and live in California with my sweet husband, beautiful daughter, and one fluffy dog. My favorite color is burgundy, and I’m a lover of tattoos, rain, pizza, glitter, and music. I am currently a stay at home mom to my little girl.
Makeup is my primary hobby. I’m not a pro of any kind, and I am self taught. Makeup brings me joy. When I sit at my vanity to play with bright eye shadows, sparkling glitters, and bold lip colors and I feel relaxed, I feel happy. The Makeup Moth is a simply a fun, relaxed, and casual space to share a love of beauty and makeup.
Here you will find a variety of posts including reviews, swatches, makeup looks, tutorials, and much more along the way.
So an enthusiastic welcome to you, and I look forward to the connecting and sharing that I hope will take place here!
Here is a little bit of personal/blog information that you may find helpful:
- My skin tone is fair to light
- I have cool/neutral undertones
- My current skin type is relatively normal
- My skin has always been acne prone, but I wouldn’t say it’s very sensitive
- One of my biggest skin care concerns is texture-I have very large pores on my cheeks along with scarring from past breakouts
- I have blue eyes
- My natural hair color is cool, medium brown
- I don’t use any primers when I do swatches
- I don’t edit my pictures in any way aside from cropping and adjusting lighting and temperature for color accuracy (which is rare now that I have a better lighting setup.) I personally don’t appreciate when people edit and filter the ever loving hell out of their pictures in order to look flawless. It’s a deceptive illusion and perpetuates a level of beauty that is unrealistic and often unattainable. Lighting and angles can create a false flawless appearance, but I’m sure you’ll notice (especially upon zooming in!) all sorts of “flaws” in my photos from pores to breakouts to unblended spots to messy eyebrows. I’m a real person with real (and normal) flaws. I will never alter my appearance.
Have any questions? Please feel free to contact me and let me know!