Greetings beauty lovers!
My name is Christina, and I appreciate you stopping by the blog!
For a few “about me” details, I’m 30 years old and live in California with my sweet husband, beautiful daughter, and one fluffy dog. I love green and yellow, tattoos, rain, pizza, glitter, and music. I am currently a stay at home mom to my little girl.
Makeup is my primary hobby. I’m not a pro of any kind, I am simply a makeup lover and enthusiast. Makeup brings me joy. When I sit at my vanity to play with bright eye shadows, sparkling glitters, and bold lip colors and I feel relaxed, I feel happy. The Makeup Moth is a simply a fun, relaxed, and casual space to share a love of beauty and makeup.
Here you will find a variety of posts including reviews, swatches, makeup looks, tutorials, and much more along the way.
So an enthusiastic welcome to you, and I look forward to the connecting and sharing that I hope will take place here!
Here is a little bit of personal/blog information that you may find helpful:
- I have fair skin
- I have cool/neutral undertones
- My current skin type is relatively normal
- My skin has always been acne prone, but I wouldn’t say it’s very sensitive
- One of my biggest skin care concerns is texture-I have very large pores on my cheeks along with scarring from past breakouts
- I have blue eyes
- My natural hair color is cool, medium brown
- I don’t use any primers when I do swatches
- I don’t edit my pictures in any way aside from cropping and adjusting lighting and temperature for color accuracy as needed. I personally don’t appreciate when people edit and filter the ever loving hell out of their pictures in order to look flawless (a practice that is becoming increasingly common and almost expected.) It’s a deceptive illusion and perpetuates a level of beauty that is unrealistic and often unattainable. Lighting and angles can create a false flawless appearance, but I’m sure you’ll notice (especially upon zooming in) all sorts of “flaws” in my photos-large pores, breakouts, messy eyebrows, etc. I’m a real person with real, NORMAL flaws. I will never alter my appearance.
Have any questions? Please feel free to contact me and let me know!